How do you get back into your blogging groove after a break from the wired up world?
Here are some of the thoughts that were running through my head over the weekend:
1. Catch up with your blog reading – that way you’ll know you’re bang up to date
2. Tidy up your office space – so your space is clear and uncluttered, ready for ideas and inspiration
3. Check in with your blogging plan, your monthly theme, your editorial strategy – so you know what you’re going to write about
4. Review your stats and identify improvements you can make to your blog from this point onwards
5. Brainstorm some ideas – so you’ve got a few posts in store to follow up the first one
6. Work on a thoughtful piece – that shows you’re back blogging ‘properly’, with quality content
7. Get up early to write your post – the early bird is sure to catch the worm
8. Look around for good blogging advice on how to get back into your blogging groove
9. Doodle ideas for a format that doesn’t depend on the tired old numbered list
10. Post a well thought out piece of quality content, quietly confident it’ll hit the mark
Or maybe the list looks more like this…
11. Mark all your feeds as read – otherwise you’ll never catch up, and will never get beyond reading
12. Save the tidying for another day – getting started is better than tidying procrastinating
13. Forget the plan – the month’s nearly over anyway.
14. Ignore the stats and spend some time in the real world (inspiration’s sure to follow)
15. Just write one post: the rest will come easily (won’t they?) once the words start to flow again
16. Drop the quality content malarkey and write something conversational and easy. No strike that: just write something
17. Write when it suits you. There’s no evidence to support the early bird theory anyway
18. Forget the blogging advice – it might be written for someone else at a different point entirely
19. Why ditch an old friend when you need him? Numbered lists are a brilliant way to burst through blogger’s block, time and again
20. Just jump in!
How about you?
What are your favoured tactics for getting past a period away from your blog, or a bout of blogger’s block?