The imminent end of the year provides the perfect opportunity to look back on the writing you’ve done in the last 12 months – not least if you’ve been writing and publishing on a blog.
If this year is anything like last there’ll no doubt be several round up, look back, and monthly highlights posts being published in the next week or so.
I thought I’d capitalise on this mood of looking back, reflecting, and celebrating what’s been good for a year-end group writing project: Simply The Best.
Here’s how it works:
1. Select the one post from your archive that you think is your best piece of 2008
2. Write a post about it, including the link. UPDATE: The post can be as long as you like.
3. Complete this sentence as part of the post. “This post is simply the best because…”
4. To make it more challenging, the explanation needs to be 30 words or less. [You don't need to count the words 'this post is simply the best because...']
5. When you’re done, link back to this post, and leave a comment please to be doubly sure I get it. [UPDATE: You need to write a post at your own blog to take part. Leave me a comment here to make sure I get it.]
6. Post your contribution by 24th December 2008 [UPDATE: I'll leave this open until the 28th in case any of you are still blogging over Christmas. I'll publish the results on the 30th.]
I’ll then do a round up piece some time before the New Year, including a) the link to your best piece b) the 30 word reason you chose it.
I’m hoping this will allow us to compile a list not just of some of the best articles published on the web in 2008, but an insight into how different bloggers define what is ‘the best’.
If you’ve any questions, please ask away.
UPDATE: Questions so far:
Do I write the post at my own site or share it in the comments?
Write the post at your site. Then tell me you’ve written it in the comments.
Do I need to keep the post to 30 words?
No, the post can be as long as you like. Just complete this sentence using no more than 30 words:
“This post is simply the best because…”
Otherwise, I look forward to reading your entries.