The site is written, edited, managed and published by me, Joanna Paterson. It’s based both on my own writing practice, teaching journal writing, and coaching people to get past barriers and free their words… writing with confidence.
I’m particularly interested in:
- The relationship between writing and identity
- Writing as a way to notice and remember
- Writing and confidence: both how writing makes you confident, and how confidence makes your writing stronger and more compelling
- Writing through hard times, including grief and loss
- Writing and forging connections on the web
- Modern forms of memoir writing, including blogs as living memoirs, writing as you go.
My background, experience and training includes:
- Certified teacher of Journal to the Self
- Developmental courses with Therapeutic Writing Institute:
- introduction to poetry therapy
- autobiography of place
- Introductory memoir writing training
- Seeing with the eyes of the heart (photographic practice)
- Life coaching training
- NLP practitioner training
- Metaphor and story-telling short course
- Many years of writing on the web
- Many (many) years experience writing at work – reports, speeches, press releases
I have a personal site where I share some of my creative output including prose poems, earth poetry and photo-poetry. (Photography is my grounding practice and passion.) You can find it here: Joanna Paterson.